Sunday, April 15, 2012
Its been 1 month...
About a month ago, I wrote about a patient who I grew close to and was losing her battle with cancer. I am still saddened to say that on March 15th she took her last breath, with her whole family by her side. This day will also hold another meaning to me, but that is for another post, another day. Mary, you fought this battle with courage and beauty I didn't even know existed before I met you. I didn't know you long before I felt a deep connection. I always wondered why I felt that way, but now I know. You were brought into my life to teach me. You taught me what it meant to love with no conditions. The love you and your husband shared was amazing, I could see it every time he brought you in, especially on your "bad" days when you were sick or when you had chemo injected right into your brain. You taught me courage. When I have bad days all I have to do is think about your battle and remember how graceful and beautifully you fought to the end. Nothing can even compare. I will always hold you close to my heart wherever I may be, I am so thankful you were brought into my life. Rest in peace Mary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment